Each year over 2.5 million people sustain Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in the United States alone. TBI often leads to physical weakness, balance problems, isolation, depression and low self-efficacy. Yoga and meditation are increasingly recognized as important healing modalities; however, these practices are typically unavailable for the TBI community. To address this gap, the LoveYourBrain Yoga Program supports the TBI community and their caregivers to participate in affordable yoga and meditation classes tailored to their specific needs.
As a studio partner, Evolation Yoga Atlanta is joining a compassionate collective committed to expanding access to yoga and meditation for the TBI community. We are excited to introduce the LoveYourBrain Yoga Teacher Training Program to our studio, combining our dedication to the practice of yoga and our compassion for those suffering from TBI in a unique way that allows us to share yoga with those who can truly benefit from the practice.
The LoveYourBrain yoga program has been taught in more than 5 states, bringing TBI sufferers and caregivers into a safe, informative space that increases overall concentration, memory and cognition, personal and social life structure, everyday life improvements and much more. In the LoveYourBrain TBI Yoga Teacher Training Program, attendees can expect:
- The opportunity to watch The Crash Reel documentary and learn about the role of being a caregiver from Adam Pearce.
- LoveYourBrain Yoga Teacher Training Manual of 100+ pages.
- Hands-on experience learning gentle yoga modifications, effective sequencing and fundamental teaching tips to meet the unique needs of this population.
- Learn meditation practices and pranayama techniques to focus the mind and calm the nervous system.
- Insight into neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, the impact of TBI on the individual and family, and how neuroplasty influences healing.
- Connections to the broader LoveYourBrain community and movement to shift the culture around TBI recovery and brain health.
- Tools and awareness to exercise more compassionate yoga teaching
- The LoveYourBrain Fundamentals Curriculum: For yoga teachers who want to delve further into LoveYourBrain’s approach and learn our specific 6-week introductory curriculum for the TBI community. This unique curriculum incorporates TBI-focused yoga and meditation best practices, class themes to foster resilience and compassion, and conversation facilitation skills to support TBI survivors to discuss their healing through yoga and meditation. Each class is designed around a theme that is informed by one of the ten key factors for cultivating resilience.
- Conversation facilitation skills to support the discussion component of the FUNdamentals series, a unique feature of our program.
- Practice and teach parts of the curriculum to make the experience as applied as possible.
Additional requirements include watching The Crash Reel, reading Traumatic Head Injury: Cause, Consequence and Challenge (aka “The Red Book”), and completing an assessment.
This training program is designed for 200-Hour RYT Instructors and clinicians working directly with TBI survivors.
$350 and agreement to host a donation-based class during Mindful March and Brain Injury Awareness Month.
100% of funds raised go directly to LoveYourBrain’s programs.
Application Deadline on January 15, 2017
$100 non-refundable deposit required to reserve your spot in this training.
Friday, February 3, 2017: Community Event
Saturday, February 4, 2017 from 7:45 am to 5:00 pm with a 90-minute lunch break
Sunday, February 5, 2017 from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Begin your application for this program on LoveYourBrain’s website here.